About Me

My photo
I'm currently on a bit of a world tour to learn about other cultures and ecosystems... Feel free to leave a comment or recommendation or say hello

Monday, November 2, 2009

Prague

I was hopping to visit Prague, and Mareike has a freind there. So we headed off together with a rideshare to visit Martin... Here is a view of the trip form Germany...
Coming into Prague I thought someone had slipped something into my water...the buildings seemd to be dripping!
Here is Mareike and Martin enjoying the view (or they were before they turned around for a picture)


And here I am... After missing the Eifel tower in Paris I got to go to it in Prague...which is really called Praha.
We got a guided tour from our host and visited the castle where there were guards whose job it is to stay still. I think this is a great job for anyone trying to go deep into meditation, but maybe they have to be alert...

We went out to Martin's roomates' bar and had a fine ol time!

We had a little tea party outside to get out of the smoke... It seems people in Prague prefer breathing through tubes of dried plants lit on fire than without them... On the coke machine is the bar kit for another kind of dried plant...This church lights up very well at night with orange lights in the towers... Very magical

There is nothing that is not better deepfried! Like bread...mmm fried bread...with garlic butter...

Famous streetcars
Rowboat...Beata in the back...
Our little group and the theatre...A synogogue...

Some cars on the road...

One last story from Prague... a friend had given me the address of his friend who happened to live near where I was walking around... So after ringing a doorbell, making unexpected introductions and chilling a bit I had another tour guide, Kat, who had a really cute cat. She showed me aroundand took me to a great veggie restaurant that also was quite beautiful... Thanks so much!
Pretty restaurant
My veggiefied authentic Czech meal... Dumpling, beet patties and cabbage....Thanks to my Czech hosts, Martin and Beata! Czech hospitality is top notch!
It was also interesting to learn what it was like to live behind the Iron curtain, to see communist era buildings and try to imagine how life was... Lots of interesting history in Praha!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! You got to go in a rowboat!
Miss you!

jonsol said...

Nice Pics!
You can be a mounty guard in Ottawa, if you want stay still for hours.