About Me

My photo
I'm currently on a bit of a world tour to learn about other cultures and ecosystems... Feel free to leave a comment or recommendation or say hello

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Krakow and Budapest

Staying in Krakow I was couchsurfing, www.couchsurfing.org where people put there couches on line and you can crash on them. I might have already mentioned I was staying with Nathalie and Vojtek (sorry about the spelling), and here is a breakfast that she made!



This is a shopping mall in krakow...
We went to a veggie restaurant in Krakow and on the posterboard there are two special people! Always nice to run into swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnu just like that! www.sivananda.org

Here is Natalie outside the restaurant! Thanks for the 'couch'!!!!!

Castle in Poland, I never pictured Poland having castles and being as magnificent as it is! I want to go back and explore more. Krakow is just incredible, and the poeple were great. There are also lots of good mountains to climb!

They sell giant bagels on the street, felt like home!
From this church a trumpeter plays a song every hour, it is the warning song when enemioes are cmoing, and the story goes that once the mongolians came and while he was playing he was shot with an arrow right through the trumpet. So the guy plays until the very note where the old lookout was shot. he does this 4 times on the hour, once in each dirstion, and then just stops in midnote in the middle...


For Natalie!
To go to Budapest I had a sleeping train! This is the best way to travel! Lying down! I would opt for this on day trains too, but in this case you save a hotel and a day as you ride and sleep at once. I hade this whole room to myself, and when I woke up in Budapestit turned out we were no where near budapest. We missed a conncection in the night and then the 2 other passengers got off andI had the entire car to myself..I was like a king the rest of the way, with the train attendant as my guy that helps the king. Too bad we could barely communicate!
So I arrived 5 hours late...

Budapest! a Synogogue....

Cool building...
Cool Graffiti
I am such an artist!



The main Cathedral.... none compared to France for me with all the stained glass there...
Here is the coolest vegetable I have ever seen! Click on the picture to get a good look!


Metro in Budapest...Very noisy
I stayed with Denes a freind of Leslie's who I had met before in Montreal. I actually stayed at his siter Roni's. The follwoing day we went to a Turkish bath, there are lots of them in Budapest...who would have guessed! It was underground, one big bath, then some smaller hotter ones... a stem room that got crazier as oyou went deeper, same as the sauna...Denes was able to do it, I was staying in the childs room...still a humid 50 degrees celssisu and more than enough for me... there was also some super cold water that was more to my liking...EH!
To fly to Rome I too Wizz air, a low cost airline. The flight was super cheap and the plane bright pink...the funniest part is that the seats are not given. A shuttle with doors on both sides took us to the plane and it was a free for all! The people around me were planning strategies to get the best seats... what side the shuttle would pull up on..who to trip to get there first etc. Somehow I ended up with a whole row to myself while most others were full... This is one advantage to not showering!! (Just kidding, I was fresh from the sulfur bath! Maybe that is worse!)

4 comments:

jonsol said...

we need those bagels in Windsor, ship some here!

That couch surfing website is amazing!

I think those are spores on that green vegetable.

Unknown said...

i've seen those veggies before, they sell them at the vietnamese grocer down the street. They certainly are odd-looking!

mike in motion said...

I didnt know you can get them in mtl!!! I didnt get to try them in Budapest so we can cook some i\up in 10 months!!!

Jessica said...

A hot pink plane! cool!
Sort of looks like you know whos rocket.