About Me

My photo
I'm currently on a bit of a world tour to learn about other cultures and ecosystems... Feel free to leave a comment or recommendation or say hello

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Luang Prabang!


I arrived in Luang Prabang...yes that is the name of the city with nowhere to go...  It was night and time to find a bed...  While walking around someone called out a hello to me... I found this amusing as I knew no one there but it turned out to be a guy I met on the second boat ride.  He had just got into a room with two beds and was wondering if I wanted to split it.  Perfect...


First we went out on the town to eat... and ended up at a veggie buffet at a night market... you get to fill u p your plate as much as possible with food for less than a dollar....  Across from us was a girl on her own so after dinner she joined us to walk around the night market...

In the pic is Sam (roomate) and the girl... She had an urge to try some special food....  Cow Brain!  And she bit into it with no hesitation...  A true champion of bravery!



To be accommodating we just left the key at the reception of the hotel so we could both go in and out...  From that point we barely saw each other anymore for 2 days but kept doing the same things a few hours apart!  I woke up early the next morning to see the monks doing their rounds receiving food...

That day I was off to waterfalls... after seeing the monks Sam was gone so I left him a note about the waterfalls... when I went to check later he was not there...  After a great day at some beautiful falls (lost the pics)  I got a message at the room that Sam went to the same place...  And like that for 2 days we kept following each other without touching base...
Luang Prabang is apparently a beautiful French colonial city with great architecture... I must have missed it... I found it alright but nothing to make it a world heritage site as it is...  One funny  moment was when someone tried to sell me drugs directly in front of the police anti drug squad building!     You hear rumors of people selling stuff to tourists and then making more money turning them in to the cops but this was too much!

After 2 days it was off to Vang Vieng...where you will never find the more wretched hive of scum and villany....

1 comment:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

happy new year n nice to meet u ;->