About Me

My photo
I'm currently on a bit of a world tour to learn about other cultures and ecosystems... Feel free to leave a comment or recommendation or say hello

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Aloo Gobi!! and Comitan

Last time I left off on my way to learn how to cook Aloo Gobi. My teacher's name is Bela, sheçs from Israel and in love with India. So here is the recipe!

Fry onions for a few minutes and add garlic, cumin, curry powder and tumeric, with a dash of salt between each spice. Then half or a whole tomato and some cilantro if possible.

Then add cubed potatos and peices of cauliflower, and fry for a few minutes.

Add water and bring to a boil and cook until potatos and cauliflower are soft and ready to eat!

mmm mmm good!


Now I am in the town of Comitan. It is not very different than san cristobal other than it is not a tourist haven! In order to see a white person I need a mirror! The central square at night has a different vibe and its fun! I am in a posada now, I have my own room with two beds, a shared bathroom and no kitchen here! I am leaving today to some waterfalls for a few days and maybe then to some lagoons!

Adios!

mike

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You will have to make that for us.
Was is good?
You have 2 beds?? Why didnt you say so, I could have been on the next flight.
xox