About Me

My photo
I'm currently on a bit of a world tour to learn about other cultures and ecosystems... Feel free to leave a comment or recommendation or say hello

Friday, December 18, 2009

Pai Again

From the cave lodge we headed back to Pai for the rice festival at an organic farm. I stayed next door to my original cabana space, but went back there to grab my hat that I had forgot.

We were at the festival for the final day and rented motorbikes to ride the 5 kms out of town to get there. That night representatives of local hilltribes perfomed music and dance and there was food and fun. They lit giant torches and we saw a grand full moon.

The next day we headed back to Chiang Mai to catch a bus towards the border. In Chiang Mai we found a veggie buffet and ate until it hurt and then had some more...there was a yummy bamboo dish and some other great stuff...
We stayed at a hostel run by a frnech coupe and all the signs said veggie restaurant too...that is what attracted me.... It turned out the restaurant had converted to the dark side and they hadnt changed the signs...
For breakfast we went to where I had done the cooking class....and then went to the bus station for the several hour trip to the border town, Chiang Kong.
We arrived around dark and left in the morning.... the highlight is that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was playing and as we all felt like him after being in the caves and jungles and I had been singing the music almost every day it was great to hear it played out loud...

In the morning the lady at the hostel loaded us into the back of her pickup and drove us to the border. I was on my last day of my Thai visa and got out just in time. We took a boat across the Mekong and ined up to get into Laos...

No comments: